A big hello from Miss Rushton and Mrs Spencer, we will be the teachers in 3/4R this year.
In our classroom we are fortunate enough have help from our amazing teaching assistant, Mrs Knightley. The fantastic Miss Starkie will also be teaching in our classroom on Wednesday afternoons.
This will be a busy year filled with an abundance of engaging lessons and activities. All the staff in 3/4R are ready for the wonderful year ahead and we are excited to meet you all on our first day back.
- On Wednesdays, we will have our P.E lesson. Your child will require a full P.E kit including: black pumps, a white t-shirt and black shorts which are all clearly labelled with their name.
- Swimming lessons will commence on Thursday 13th September 2018 for the year 4 children in 3/4R. The lesson will run until the Christmas holidays. Your child will need an appropriate bathing suit and a towel every week.
- Homework and spellings will be set every Friday to be returned the following Thursday.
- Children Work hard to learn your spellings and times tables at home to achieve some superb scores on your tests!
- Your child will bring home a reading book each night along with their reading record.
- Please encourage your child to read as much as possible at home as the impact on their school work and progress is significant.
- Children Each section of the website will have interactive games and ideas linked with our topic for you to try at home.
- Parents Take a look at the bottom of this page to see what we will be learning throughout the year. (Curriculum Clouds)
Children, get ready to work hard, have fun and learn lots of interesting and rewarding things!
Remember - We are all stars in 3/4R!
Miss Rushton and Mrs Spencer.
Rock and Roll
Our new topic in 3/4R is Rock and Roll. Throughout the topic we will be looking at The Stone Age, volcanoes and earthquakes. It's going to be an exciting 6 weeks in 3/4R.
Rocks and Soils
In Science, we will be learning all about the properties of rocks and soils.
Children: Try the game below to conduct your own science experiment at home.
The Stone Age
In History we will be learning all about The Stone Age.
Children: Try the fun website below to find out more about The Stone Age!
Volcanoes and Earthquakes
In Geography, we will be learning all about volcanoes and earthquakes.
Children: Explore the website below to learn more about exciting earthquakes and violent volcanoes.
We had an amazing Eco Week in 3/4R. We learnt all about plastic pollution and its devastating effect on the environment and marine life.
During Eco Week, one of our challenges was to reuse an old piece of plastic and create something useful from it. In 3/4R, we used advent calendar plastic to make out own pencil cases. I am sure you'll agree the end product looks fantastic!
We really enjoyed coming in non-uniform to raise money for Children in Need. We also enjoyed creating a giant Pudsey Bear using our one and two pence coins.
In 3/4R at Halloween, we had a little bit of Halloween fun and created our own pumpkin hats. We also enjoyed dressing up on our non-uniform day and taking some scary photos in the woods.
This year, we took park in Padiham's Remembrance at St Leonard's Church in Padiham. During the service, we read out some beautiful poems we wrote in class. We also remembered all of the soldiers who fought bravely for our freedom. After the service, we took over 200 Poppies up to Memorial Park and helped to create a river of poppies in the park. The poppies were created by reusing old plastic bottles, everyone in school contributed a poppy to be planted in the park.
Our topic this half term is 'There's No Place Like Home' we will be focusing on the local area and our school. We will be learning all about history of Padiham and our school and how they have changed over time. If anyone has anything at home about Padiham Primary School or Padiham in the past please feel free to bring it in.
In English this term we will be studying Folk Tales. We will be reading The Lancashire Giant and writing our own folk tales based upon the story,
In Science this term we will learning all about our skeletons!
In guided reading we will be studying Harry the Poisonous Centipede by Lynne Reid Banks.