A big hello from Miss Rushton and Mrs Spencer, we will be the teachers in 3/4R this year.
In our classroom we are fortunate enough have help from our amazing teaching assistant, Mrs Knightley. The fantastic Miss Starkie will also be teaching in our classroom on Wednesday afternoons.
This will be a busy year filled with an abundance of engaging lessons and activities. All the staff in 3/4R are ready for the wonderful year ahead and we are excited to meet you all on our first day back.
- On Wednesdays, we will have our P.E lesson. Your child will require a full P.E kit including: black pumps, a white t-shirt and black shorts which are all clearly labelled with their name.
- Swimming lessons will commence on Thursday 13th September 2018 for the year 4 children in 3/4R. The lesson will run until the Christmas holidays. Your child will need an appropriate bathing suit and a towel every week.
- Homework and spellings will be set every Friday to be returned the following Thursday.
- Children Work hard to learn your spellings and times tables at home to achieve some superb scores on your tests!
- Your child will bring home a reading book each night along with their reading record.
- Please encourage your child to read as much as possible at home as the impact on their school work and progress is significant.
- Children Each section of the website will have interactive games and ideas linked with our topic for you to try at home.
- Parents Take a look at the bottom of this page to see what we will be learning throughout the year. (Curriculum Clouds)
Children, get ready to work hard, have fun and learn lots of interesting and rewarding things!
Remember - We are all stars in 3/4R!
Miss Rushton and Mrs Spencer.
Our topic this half term is 'There's No Place Like Home' we will be focusing on the local area and our school. We will be learning all about history of Padiham and our school and how they have changed over time. If anyone has anything at home about Padiham Primary School or Padiham in the past please feel free to bring it in.
In English this term we will be studying Folk Tales. We will be reading The Lancashire Giant and writing our own folk tales based upon the story,
In Science this term we will learning all about our skeletons!
In guided reading we will be studying Harry the Poisonous Centipede by Lynne Reid Banks.