5C had such a fun Roald Dahl day! The pupils all got to act out scenes from Danny the Champion of the World and we even hot-seated our very own versions of Danny, Willian, Captain Lancaster and Victor Hazell.
Welcome to 5C!
A very warm welcome to a new school year and into particular to class 5C. I, Mr Chambers, will be your class teacher and I am delighted to have Mrs Knightly supporting our class. The wonderful Miss Starkie will also be teaching our class on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. Please keep checking this page for important information and any changes to our schedule. Also, check out the curriculum cloud below to find out what you'll be learning this term. It looks brilliant! I hope you're just as excited as me!
- Homework will be given out every Friday and will be due in on the following Wednesday. Remember children, if you bring it in early on Monday instead then you'll have a chance to win my wonderful weekly raffle. Who knows what you might win!
- Mental Maths and Spelling tests will be every Friday afternoon.
- Please take your reading record and reading book home every night and return them both the following day. Parents/guardians please fill in the reading records when your children have read to you. I'd love to keep reading all the lovely comments when I am checking on your child's progress.
- PE lessons are on Thursday afternoons so please make sure you have your full kit with you. It would be superb if your names were on all items of your PE kit and school uniform for that matter.
Why not have a read of these interesting quotes I've selected? I'd love to discuss them with you.
- "Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know." (Daniel J. Boorstin).
- "The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change." (Carl Rogers).
- "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." (Nelson Mandela).
- "The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." (Dan Rather).
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites.
Make sure you check out the curriculum cloud to see all the fun things we'll be learning about.