Children in Years 5 and 6 are taking part in the Read for My School competition.
Two children from each class will receive a goody bag packed with exciting prizes. The winners will be selected based on the number of books they have read and the quality of their book reviews.
Read for My School is the exciting new national schools reading competition from The Pearson Foundation and Booktrust, with support from the Department for Education
Reading for pleasure is at the heart of the initiative, which aims to generate excitement about books and cultivate long-lasting positive attitudes towards reading.
Read for My School is:
- free for all primary schools in England
- open to children in years 5 and 6
- running in 2013 from 21 January to 22 March
Children who attend participating schools will be encouraged to:
- read as much as they can
- explore a variety of genres and formats
- make their own choices as readers
- recommend titles to friends