At Padiham Primary, our school councillors have been elected by their fellow pupils to represent their opinions and think about new ideas to ensure the school stays a happy, safe and exciting environment for everyone.
Each class from Year 2-6 has elected a councillor who will meet with myself regularly to discuss ways in which we can improve our school. The meetings allow the children to suggest ideas, communicate with their peers and have a voice in school matters.
It is the councillor’s jobs to:
- Attend meetings regularly
- Listen to all school council members and their opinions
- Talk to their classes and pass their views on to the school council
- Feedback from school council meetings to their peers
- Make suggestions for change and share ideas with the school council
- Make things happen – or explain why they can’t!
This year we are going to try to come up with ideas for all areas of the school – in classrooms, inside general school areas, in our school grounds and even in the community.
We will have a ‘suggestions’ area so that all children can write any ideas they may have and our councillors will collect them ready to be discussed at our next meeting.
School Council Leader
New ideas pending...
Thank you everyone. You helped the School Council raise £81 to buy new playground toys for next year.