Children in Need
We had a super day in our PJ's on Friday for Children in Need! We did the special wake up shake up with Joe Wickes live online! We were very hot but it was a good way to wake ourselves up at 9am!
Thank You very much for your kind donations - they will go to a super cause!
We made Poppy finger paintings and wrote a poem to help us to remember the soldiers who have fought and died in all world wars. We talked about the poppy symbol and why we wear poppies and discovered that the reason it is a poppy is because they grew in the battlefields once the war had ended.
We held a minute silence at 11am and thought about the soldiers we had talked about.
Well done 1P, your pictures were lovely!
Today we had a fabulous day to celebrate our Book Week, with a dress up day with the theme of 'Monsters, Magic and Mystery.'
The costumes were amazing - well done for making such an effort!
It was a very tough decision but two winners were chosen - Lexy and Caleb!
Have a look at the super photos below...
Please don't forget to send in photos of your child reading - wherever that may be! We have so far had photos of children reading to big brothers, baby sisters and even the dog! They are lovely to see and will be shown in Infant Assembly on Tuesdays!
We have also had our first 3 readers of 10 books at home! Evelyn, Zack and Luna have all received their first certificate and special sticker! Well done and keep up the hard work! Lots more children are well on their way too - amazing!
WE HAVE SINCE HAD LOTS OF AT HOME READERS - MORE 10 STICKERS HAVE BEEN GIVEN OUT, AS WELL AS SOME 20 STICKERS AND PRIZES TOO! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
French Day 2019!
We celebrated International Languages Day on Thursday! We have only just started learning little bits of French in Year 1 so we practiced saying 'Bonjour' when answering the register and we even did some French counting in our Maths lesson! We also made our own French flags, took part in the colouring competition and made match stick Eiffel Towers!
Miss Pearson did a KS1 assembly where we learnt all about France and Paris and we even sang a little song about numbers to 10!
CLICK ON THE PHOTOS BELOW TO ENLARGE THEM!
Our first few weeks in Year 1!
We have had a busy 3 weeks so far! We have been playing in the classroom, working hard in our new subjects and making the most of the last bit of summer by enjoying our outdoor area!
We got to dress up as a character or wear yellow for Roald Dahl day last week which was fun!
We also made a mini version of ourselves for our entrance to the classroom! :)
HAVE A LOOK AT SOME PHOTOS BELOW...
Please remember that we are collecting tins and packets of food for the Harvest festival!
Welcome to 1P!
We are very lucky in 1P to have some fantastic members of staff to help us do all of the fun and exciting work we will do this year!
Mrs Davidson works in our class all day Monday - Thursday
Miss McKenna works in our class all day Monday - Friday
Miss Fort works in our class on Wednesday mornings
and you get me (Miss Pearson) all day, every day!
It is a big step to go from Reception to Year 1 - not only do you have different teachers but you will do lots of different lessons, such as ICT, Art, History, Music, RE, Geography and many more! However Year 1 is all about making learning interesting and find lots of fun ways to cover our topics.
Each half term we will learn a different topic which covers everything we need to learn in Year 1. Each topic has a name and we make a 'curriculum overview' (called a curriculum cloud) which is sent home to give parents an idea of their childs' learning. They are all at the very bottom of this page so please check each half term for the latest one.
* Reading Books - these are changed as often as you read them. Please try to read a book, or just part of a book, each night. Please write the page number and sign or tick to say it has been read and then we can change it. Books may not be changed on a Friday (as Mrs Davidson does these) but please send in anyway.
* PE - our PE lesson is on Monday afternoon. Please ensure children have a t-shirt, shorts and pumps and these all have their NAMES in! Please also ensure children have their earrings taken our before school as we cannot do this for them.
* Homework is given out in the form of a spelling sheet on a FRIDAY to be completed at the weekend/following week and returned on the FRIDAY after. Please do not send on Monday even if completed as on Friday's we have a little spelling test and so keeping the list means your child can practice up to the Thursday evening.
* We also use a superb programme called Doodle Maths which has great games and is proven to help progress in Maths. The children LOVE it! Usernames and Passwords will be given out in the next few weeks, once the children have had a practice in school.
Any questions, please ask me when the children are leaving in the afternoons, or on the door in the morning!
These tell you everything that we are learning each half term.
Each topic has a different name and different subjects are covered so that by the end of the year, everything in the curriculum has been taught.
Have a look at the different topic clouds below:
* Autumn 1 - Fighting Fit
* Autumn 2 - The Place Where I Live
* Spring 1 - Explorers
* Spring 2 - The Farm Shop
* Summer 1 - Wind in the Willows
* Summer 2 - Buckets and Spades