Home Learning (in the event of isolation)
Please see the curriculum cloud further down this page to have a look at our units of work this term. You will find an abundance of ready-made lessons provided by Oak National Academy across all subjects and year groups here: https://classroom.thenational.academy/
For maths, White Rose provide home learning videos linked to our current teaching here: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning?year=year-4&term=spring
Children will also benefit from accessing TTRockstars, DoodleMaths and Spelling Shed at home. Your children should know how to find these and already have their log in details.
If you need to contact us further, please feel free to send us a message on Class Dojo or call into the office outside of teaching hours. :-)
The 3/4R Team
Welcome to 3/4R
A big hello from Miss Rushton and Mrs Spencer, we will be the teachers in 3/4R this year.
In our classroom we are fortunate enough have help from our amazing teaching assistants, Miss Rawcliffe and Mrs Hanslip. The fantastic Mrs Hanslip will also be teaching P.E in our classroom on Wednesday afternoons.
This will be a busy year filled with an abundance of engaging lessons and activities. All the staff in 3/4R are ready for the wonderful year ahead and we are excited to meet you all on our first day back.
- On Wednesdays, we will have our P.E lesson. Your child will require a full P.E kit including: black pumps, a white t-shirt and black shorts which are all clearly labelled with their name.
- Homework and spellings will be set every Friday to be returned the following Friday.
- Children Work hard to learn your spellings and times tables at home to achieve some superb scores on your tests!
- Your child will bring home a reading book each night along with their reading record.
- Please encourage your child to read as much as possible at home as the impact on their school work and progress is significant.
- Children Each section of the website will have interactive games and ideas linked with our topic for you to try at home.
- Parents Take a look at the bottom of this page to see what we will be learning throughout the year. (Curriculum Clouds)
Children, get ready to work hard, have fun and learn lots of interesting and rewarding things!
Remember - We are all stars in 3/4R!
The 3/4R Team
Our second topic this term is 'Sparks Might Fly'. The topic is heavily based upon Science. Throughout the topic, we will be looking closely at electrical circuits and how they work.
Try these interactive games to extend and support your learning at home!
This half term, we will be learning all about The Great Plague.
Try the links below to find out some interesting facts all about 'The Great Plague'.