I am Miss Rushton the class teacher in 3/4R. In our classroom we are also fortunate enough have help from our amazing teaching assistants, Mrs Starkie and Miss Ireson.
This will be a busy year filled with an abundance of engaging lessons and activities. All the staff in 3/4R are ready for the wonderful year ahead.
- P.E On Thursday's, we will have our P.E lesson. Your child will require a full P.E kit including: black pumps, a white t-shirt and black shorts which are all clearly labelled with their name. Please send your child to school dressed in their P.E kit. During the winter months we also recommend that children wear black joggers or leggings accompanied by their school jumper. A pair of trainers is also advisable with non-marking soles.
- Please refer to our uniform policy here: https://www.padiham.lancs.sch.uk/uniform/
- Homework Homework will be set every Friday to be returned the following Friday. This year, we are following a new spelling scheme so spelling lists will no longer be sent home.
- Reading Your child will bring home a reading book each night along with their reading record. Please encourage your child to read as much as possible at home as the impact on their school work and progress is significant.
- Swimming The Year 3 children in 3/4R will be having their swimming lessons every Thursday morning, please send you child with appropriate swimwear and a towel. Children whose hair length goes past their eyes will also require a swimming cap.
- Children Each section of the website will have interactive games and ideas linked with our topic for you to try at home.
- Parents Take a look at the bottom of this page to see what we will be learning throughout the year. (Curriculum Overview)
Children, get ready to work hard, have fun and learn lots of interesting and rewarding things!
Remember - We are all stars in 3/4R!
The 3/4R Team
This term we will be learning all about gymnastics in P.E, take a look at some of our balances below.
During Eco Week, we learnt all about the importance of saving energy. We decided to create our own personalised night lights to help save electricity.
Curriculum Overview Autumn Term
PDF Curriculum Overview Autumn Term
During our English lessons we will be studying The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka.
Watch the video below to see a lovely retelling of the story.
In our Reading lessons we are going to be studying exciting novel, 'The Train To Impossible Places' by P.G Bell
This term, our topic is 'Animals including Humans'.
Part of our learning will be that animals, including humans, need the right types and amount of nutrition, and that they cannot make their own food; they get nutrition from what they eat.
Take a look at the NHS Eatwell Guide at home to extend your learning.