I am Miss Rushton the class teacher in 3/4R. In our classroom we are also fortunate enough have help from our amazing teaching assistants, Mrs Starkie, Mr Mayers and Miss Clay.
This will be a busy year filled with an abundance of engaging lessons and activities. All the staff in 3/4R are ready for the wonderful year ahead.
- P.E On Thursdays, we will have our P.E lesson. Your child will require a full P.E kit including: black pumps, a white t-shirt and black shorts which are all clearly labelled with their name. Please send your child to school dressed in their P.E kit. During the winter months, we also recommend that children wear black joggers or leggings accompanied by their school jumper. A pair of trainers is also advisable with non-marking soles.
- Please refer to our uniform policy here: https://www.padiham.lancs.sch.uk/uniform/
- Class Dojo Please log into Class Dojo regularly for class updates and to see pictures of the exciting things we are learning in class each term. I do not award Dojo points as we have a table points award system in class.
- Homework Homework will be set every Friday to be returned the following Friday. This year, we are following a new spelling scheme so spelling lists will no longer be sent home.
- Reading Your child will bring home a reading book each night along with their reading record. Please encourage your child to read as much as possible at home as the impact on their school work and progress is significant.
- Children Each section of the website will have interactive games and ideas linked with our topic for you to try at home.
- Parents Take a look at the Curriculum Overview to see what we will be learning in class this term.
Children, get ready to work hard, have fun and learn lots of interesting and rewarding things!
Remember - We are all stars in 3/4R!
The 3/4R Team
Autumn Term Curriculum Overview
Stone Age To Iron Age
This term we will be learning all about the Stone Age and the Iron Age in 3/4R.
Children take a look at the websites below to learn more about the Stone Age at home.
Rocks and Soils
In science, we are learning all about rocks and soils.
Take a look at the websites below to learn more about rocks and soils at home.
Our class novel this term is Grimwood by Nadia Shireen.
Take a look at the BookTrust website to find out more about this fun and exciting novel.