It is my absolute pleasure to welcome both children and parents to class 3W. I, Miss White, am the class teacher and I am thrilled to be supported by Mrs Howell. We also have the privilege of being joined by Miss Fort, who will be supporting us on Monday mornings and teaching in class on Thursday afternoons.
The 3W staff have a very exciting year planned and are very much looking forward to completing our team on Wednesday 2nd September when we finally get to meet you all!
For updates on our learning, please check this page regularly. Below, in the 'Curriculum Clouds' section, you will find an overview of what we are learning this half term. For the latest news and reminders, please visit the Parents section of our website and select Newsletters. In the meantime, please take note of the following:
- Monday afternoons - PE kit is essential. Every item must contain child's full name. Earrings must be removed before arrival at school on this day, please.
- Friday afternoons - Spellings, Times Tables, English and Maths homework issued. To be completed by the following Thursday at the latest, please, to allow time for marking and feedback to child.
- Every day - Reading book to be taken home and reading record to be signed by adult when some reading has taken place. Please ensure reading book and reading record are brought back every morning.
- Regularly - Encourage your child to access DoodleMaths (App) https://www.doodlemaths.com/at home as it is proven to rapidly accelerate children's progress in Maths. Times Table Rock Stars: https://ttrockstars.com/ is also a firm favourite with children, parents and teachers alike!
- Every day - REMEMBER! You're never fully dressed without a smile (and your name in all items of your school uniform !)
Class email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not hesitate to speak to me at the end of the school day once all the children from our class have been collected. I am also contactable via the school email or telephone via the school office. If you need to speak to me before the start of the school day, please inform the school office.
On Friday 13th November, children can come to school in their pyjamas for Children in Need day. Donations for this wonderful charity are welcome.
As a school, we have access to several fantastic online websites which can also be used to facilitate your children's learning at home.
Every child in school has access to the following websites:
(Websites and Apps with passwords provided by school.)
Doodle: Doodle is a brilliant learning tool which had four different areas to support your child's learning. Doodle can be accessed online or through the App.
Times Table Rock Stars: A brilliant game to aid your children's multiplication and division. https://ttrockstars.com/
Numbots: Numbots is a fantastic game which focuses on basic number facts and mental maths questions. play.numbots.com
Spelling Shed: https://play.edshed.com/en-gb
Purple Mash: https://www.purplemash.com/login/
(Websites without passwords)
Readtheory: To aid with children's comprehension of reading. https://readtheory.org/
Nrich: This is a brilliant website for children who particularly enjoy a challenge in maths.
BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
Literacy Shed: https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
Children's Poetry: http://www.famousliteraryworks.com/childrens_poetry_resource_index.htm
Oak National Academy: https://www.thenational.academy/
Oxford Owl: https://www.thenational.academy/
In the unfortunate event that your child cannot attend school, please access the documents below to ensure they continue to be successful on their Year 3 learning journey.