It is my absolute pleasure to welcome both children and parents to class 3W I, Miss White, am the class teacher and I am thrilled to be supported by Mrs Shaw. We also have the privilege of being joined by Miss Fort, who will be teaching in class on Thursday afternoons, and Miss Taylor, who will be teaching all day on a Friday. The 3W staff have a very exciting year planned and are very much looking forward to completing our team on Tuesday 3rd September when we finally get to meet you all!
For updates on our learning, please check this page regularly. An outline of this half term's curriculum can be found below ('Curriculum Clouds' PDF documents). For the latest news and reminders, please visit the Parents section of our website and select Newsletters. In the meantime, please take note of the following:
- Thursday mornings - Swimwear (swim shorts/swimming costume) and a towel will be needed every week from January until the Easter break. Please ensure earrings are not worn to school and that hair that fits in a bobble is tied up. Permission to wear goggles must be obtained from the school office, please.
- Friday mornings - PE kit is essential. Every item must contain child's full name. Earrings must be removed before arrival at school on this day, please.
- Friday afternoons - Spellings, Times Tables, English and Maths homework issued. To be completed by the following Thursday at the latest, please, to allow time for marking and feedback to child.
- Every day - Reading book to be taken home and reading record to be signed by adult when some reading has taken place. Please ensure reading book and reading record are brought back every morning.
- Regularly - Encourage your child to access DoodleMaths (App) https://www.doodlemaths.com/at home as it is proven to rapidly accelerate children's progress in Maths. Times Table Rock Stars: https://ttrockstars.com/ is also a firm favourite with children, parents and teachers alike!
- Every day - REMEMBER! You're never fully dressed without a smile
(and your name in all items of your school uniform!)
Please do not hesitate to see me before or after school with any queries.
We are very proud of our Christmas cards and calendars.
Here we are performing our Christmas ukulele concert to the reception children who were an amazing audience. We danced, sang and played our ukuleles like superstars!
Beauty and the Beast
We loved watching Burnley Youth Theatre's performance of Beauty and the Beast. It gave us lots of ideas for writing our own fairy tales which we are working towards in English.
What fun we had in our first ukulele lesson with Mr Fleming! Such a lively, enjoyable session! We can't wait for next week!